It is getting easier - I think I was almost looking forward to running this morning. And this time I had a running partner - my dog, Bandit! I have 2 dogs, a very naughty Jack Russel called Bouncy and a cross between something large (Rhodesian Ridgeback?) and a staffie called Bandit. Both dogs are used to having lots of space to run around in and have not adapted well to my teeny garden here in Sydney so every now and then they do a runner. I have tried everything - I fenced the garden and even bought an electric containment system, but they still get out and on Saturday night they were off. Bandit was back on the doorstep when I got up on Sunday morning but Bouncy was nowhere to be seen. Eventually I got a phone call from a nearby vet that some kind soul had brought her in but, as I was in Newcastle, I couldn't fetch her until today. Anyway, Bandit is MUCH better behaved without her bad influence and he stayed put in his kennel last night. He is also a lot easier to run with so, this morning, I took him with me. He really enjoyed it and so did I. It is a bit awkward running while holding a lead but he stayed next to me most of the time and we had only two emergency halts when he almost pulled my arm out of its socket in order to sniff something interesting at the side of the road. I can't say I minded the stops :-) Anyway, I think I am going to have to try and re-home Bouncy as I think Bandit will be easier to manage on his own - and then I can have a full time running partner!
Weather: Sunny but still chilly
Weight: 60.1 - oh noooooo
Distance: 3km
Running Partners: Bandit
Comments: A nice run - still need to walk occasionally though
Debi - I have found the best way to run with a dog (Herbie) on a lead is to loop the lead through a belt and then you don't have to hold it - as that gives me a stiff shoulder. As for the weight - my weight is outrageous at the moment 63kgs. I am horrified and the running just seemed to make it worse. So I will tell you mine if you keep telling me yours! I could never tackle the goals you have set yourself. Deeply impressed. x
ReplyDelete